Purchasing a home is a major decision and more complex than many buyers realize. That’s why it’s essential to find a trusted professional — such as Dave Futch, an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) with over 26+ years experience in real estate on Maui — to help you manage the process.
If you are looking to buy a home, here’s what Dave can do for you
#1. Help You to Arrange Financing.
- Assist in locating sources of mortgage loans.
- Help you examine how much you can afford and how much you may want to spend.
- Assist in comparing different financing options.
- Provide information on purchasing incentives that may be available.
- Educate and discuss the differences between being pre-qualified and pre-approved for a mortgage.
#2. Assist You in Finding the Right Property
- Identify your needs and wants in a property.
- Find appropriate available properties.
- Set up an automated email alert system that immediately notifies you of properties that fit your requirements.
- Provide access to all MLS-listed properties.
- Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS. Preview properties prior to showing.
- Help select for viewing only those homes that fit your needs.
- Aid in narrowing your search until you have identified your top choices.
- Assist in analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
- Disclose all known material defects.
- Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability, and resale value.
#3. Educate You on Market Conditions
- Educate you on whether it is a buyer's market or a seller's market.
- Show statistics on what percentage of list price sellers in the area are currently receiving.
- Show trends, current average days on market, current absorption rate, and/or current months of inventory.
#4. Guide You Through Making an Offer and Represent You and Your Interests in Negotiations.
- Prepare a comparative market analysis (CMA) so that you make an informed decision when offering a price.
- Advise you on what comparable properties are selling for.
- Explain common contract contingencies.
- Obtain appropriate seller disclosures.
- Prioritize your goals.
- Help create a negotiating strategy to achieve those goals.
- Write and present your offer.
- Ensure that you receive and understand all state and federally required disclosure forms.
- Handle the completion of the offer to purchase or sales contract.
- Educate you on the contents of the sales contract.
- Ensure that all appropriate additional forms are completed.
- Assist you in getting the best property at the best price with the least amount of inconvenience based on current market conditions.
- Prepare you for multiple offer situations and develop negotiation strategies specific to multiple offers.
#5. Get You to Closing and Serve as Your Trusted Real Estate Resource.
- Recommend inspectors, lenders, attorneys, and other professionals as necessary.
- Be an advocate and advisor during the closing process.
- Review and discuss home inspection concerns.
- Help you request and negotiate seller repairs.
- Monitor and communicate required contract deadlines to ensure that you meet them.
- Assist in coordinating communications between the listing agent, lender, attorneys, title company, appraiser, and other professionals.
- Accompany you on the walk-through prior to closing to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you entered into the contract.
- Remain a lifelong trusted advisor regarding real estate questions, needs, or concerns